Full time, 37.5 hours per week
£21,000 per annum
Based at 47 Aldwark, York
Are you a creative, driven person looking for the next step in your marketing career? We have an exciting opportunity to join the marketing team at York Archaeological Trust.
York Archaeological Trust is a self-funded educational charity with a mission to build better lives through heritage. YAT owns and runs the JORVIK Group of Attractions, including the world-famous JORVIK Viking Centre, and is a leading professional archaeology organisation. This opportunity comes at an exciting time for the Trust, as plans are being submitted to do a major new excavation in York city centre down to Roman-era archaeology, and to open a Roman-themed visitor attraction on the site.
The Marketing Executive role is a crucial part of our 5-strong marketing team. The main responsibilities of the job include:
- Planning and delivering marketing campaigns for the JORVIK Group of Attractions, including JORVIK Viking Centre, to local, national and international audiences
- Working on campaigns for the Group’s events programme, including the annual JORVIK Viking Festival and other seasonal events
- Leading on our digital marketing tactics for the Group, including websites, social media, email marketing and digital advertising; including analysis of these channels
- Assisting with developing marketing plans for the proposed Roman project
- Working on marketing for other aspects of YAT’s work, such as touring exhibitions, community archaeology projects and the education offer
- Deputising for the marketing manager and supervising the marketing assistant when necessary
We’re looking for someone with 1-3 years’ experience in marketing, in either an in-house or agency role. You’ll be fascinated by history and passionate about communicating heritage to the public; you’ll also be someone who loves staying up to date with marketing trends, who will take the initiative to be creative and innovative.
Please see the full job description for the responsibilities of the role and candidate specification. To apply, send a CV and cover letter explaining how you fulfil the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close at midday on Friday 30th August, with interviews to be held on Thursday 5th September. Please note that due to the high number of applications expected, we will not be able to respond to every application.