Discover the story of medieval York during the reign of Richard III through to Henry VII at two of York’s major monuments, Monk Bar and Micklegate Bar.
Richard, the last Plantagenet king ruled for only two years before the Battle of Bosworth but his influence in York was great and endured through the rule of the man who defeated him in the struggle for the crown, Henry Tudor.
Group visits will explore these royal gateways and experience the rebellion and conflict during the sixty years that spanned this turbulent period in British history.
Exclusive offers for your group:
- Dedicated group booking liaison to ensure your visit runs as smoothly as possible.
- Guide books for the discounted price of £3.
- Let one of our costumed guides take your group on a tour of York’s city walls between Richard III and Henry VII Experiences. Tour lasts one and a half hours and includes admission to both attractions. £7.50 per person*
- Include the medieval townhouse of Barley Hall for an additional £2.50 per person.
* Due to inclement weather conditions, this offer is only available between March to October. 30 days notice must be given.