Barley Hall is a stunning medieval townhouse, once home to the Priors of Nostell and the Mayor of York. Located on the doorstep of York Minster, your group can explore the building now lovingly restored to its original splendour with stunning high ceilings, beautifully exposed timber frames and magnificent Great Hall.
Experience the Power and Glory: York in the time of Henry VIII a new exhibition where your group will explorethe dramatic changes in the role of the church, the guilds and the civic authorities in York at the time of Henry VIII as well as view costumes from some of the most popular TV and film dramatizations of his time on the British throne including ‘The Tudors’ and ‘Henry VIII and His Six Wives’.
Exclusive added-value offers for your group include:
- Dedicated group booking liaison to ensure your visit runs as smoothly as possible.
- Guide books for the discounted price of £3.
- Enjoy a mead reception in the splendour of the Great Hall for just £2 per person (1 drink per person)*
- Have a costumed tour guide take your group around Barley Hall for just £2 per person. Combine both this with the mead reception for a discounted rate of £3 per person.*
- Treat your group to a medieval three-course feast in the Great Hall after your busy day exploring. From £43 per person. Visit website or call for menu packages
*30 days notice must be given.